Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A night at the stadium

I'm no sports fan but I wanted to know how it feels like to watch a game in the stadium. When Tony Fernandes offered tickets to Allstars for the Queens Park Rangers Asia Tour, I just had to grab the chance.

The match between QPR of Barclays Premier League and the Red Warriors of the Kelantan Red Warriors of Malaysia's national league at Shah Alam Stadium was just like QPR's previous friendly in Kota Kinabalu against Sabah, 5-0.

QPR vs Kelantan

QPR vs Kelantan

My teammates and I arrived before halftime and started moving out at the 90th minute, so we caught three of the five goals.

QPR vs Kelantan
Lucky mascot: Spark parades with AirAsia FA's at half time

QPR vs KelantanQPR vs KelantanQPR vs Kelantan QPR vs Kelantan

I thought that the turnout of fans wasn't bad considering the distance from Kelantan. It was also cool to see some in QPR's blue-and-white hoops.

QPR vs Kelantan QPR vs Kelantan

What awed me the most is how a wall of sound develops when people react at the same time and the day-bright lighting inside the stadium.

I do hope to watch more football. It wouldn't hurt if the Azkals are playing.

3 comments:

  1. That's a huge stadium! We also have a huge stadium here in Bergen for Brann, our city's very own team. I'm not a football fan, but as a Bergenser it's obligatory to support them lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true. But even if the Philippines has a long way to go in football, it's not difficult to support the Philippine Azkals ;)

    ReplyDelete