Thursday, December 1, 2011

Seen at the ArtScience Museum

After seeing exhibits at the ArtScience Museum, I still have doubts about the real intention of the museum. For sure, the presentation is pretty, but the inconsistent quality and actual content of the exhibits doesn't make for great value for money. That's what you get out of touring shows, I guess.

Even if you keep expectations at a minimum, a Van Gogh exhibit without actual paintings will leave visitors feeling duped.

IMG_2721

I wish there were fewer plates and more gold at the Shipwrecked exhibit, but it was fine. My hunch is that the Gold of the Ancestors at the Ayala Museum has desensitized me a little bit.




IMG_2722

shipwrecked
shipwrecked shipwrecked
shipwrecked


Although it's one of those sponsored shows, the Girard-Perregaux anniversary showcase was one that I appreciated. I admire Swiss watchmaking and maybe someday I will be able to afford a timepiece that will last several lifetimes.



Girard-Perregaux Girard-Perregaux Girard-Perregaux Girard-Perregaux Girard-Perregaux

A band of schoolboys playing a variety of tunes in front of the museum shop.

IMG_2728

My recommendation for curious first-timers is to get the ticket package with the Marina Bay Sands SkyPark and then check out the museum to see what it looks like inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment