Sunday, June 7, 2009

Stories from the Sandlot opening reception



From the Internet forecasts and the PAG-ASA announcements, I was so sure that it would rain during the opening of the exhibit. It did not rain all afternoon and all night. What a wonderful surprise. I think my dad, who was on retreat that time, prayed very hard.



When I arrived at the gallery, I was surprised by the catering arrangements. It looked like something out of a wedding reception. True enough, Shine said that the same company catered for her wedding.



The first person to arrive was my mentor. I felt bad that he didn't go to another exhibit of his students first, but it meant a lot to me that he stayed on anyway. Guests trickled in very slowly the first two hours. Most guests arrived around 9pm. Some stayed on, some did not. I left past midnight. There were still a few occupied tables by then, mostly artists and friends of the gallery.










I am very grateful to everyone who came. I know that a lot of my friends who meant to come either had engagements, were too far away, or were not feeling well. Still, I was honored by the presence (and presence in spirit) of those who made it. As usual, I was on a high and took a while to sleep and I woke up early with a smile on my face. Three months' work, but worth every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment