Friday, July 21, 2006

Winter wish list part 3


I don't have black shoes. Actually, I do–a pair of Auztralian flats, but they're already falling apart and I don't even walk long distances at work. I need something heavy-duty, something that can withstand sub-zero temperatures. I need boots.

Two very important considerations:
1. I am somewhat flat-footed and need non-slip soles.
2. I can't walk in heels.

Enter the riding boot. Low heels, warm, sturdy. Perfect, except that I can't find them here. The pairs above from shopbop and NET-A-PORTER, both pricey fashion-forward e-tailers, cost ten times what I'm willing to shell out. Mikee and Toni, tell me your suppliers. Otherwise, you'll find me at Portobello and Camden Markets before classes begin.

5 comments:

  1. madami nyan here sa ukay!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. mari, wala akong pera papuntang baguio! ü

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mari-an! (abby, sorry ha)

    You're in Baguio na nga pala. I miss the Ukay there. I'll wait for a shoot with Special Pub na ang location ay Baguio, then ukay tayo. hehe.

    Abby, you HAVE to try Ukay in Baguio. actually, you should go to Baguio and get your body used to the "cold" weather before heading for London... Speaking of boots, there are local brands that sell boots cheap. If you dont mind your first pair to be faux leather/made in china, try Rusty Lopez (there's one in galleria). I have their pointy ones and they're quite comfy. I'm sure they have flat ones, or those with low chunky heels that you like. Around P1k plus only. at least it will tide you over while you look for another pair in London. And since they're faux leather, they'll be able to stand the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll pass by rusty lopez later. thanks, cherry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been to London -- my family and I went to visit Portobello and Camden Markets before dining out. There is so bountiful stuff.... I love the European atmosphere, do you?

    ReplyDelete