Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Thank you, Google Earth!





I found my schools via satellite imaging! For the University of London Institute of Education, I looked for the British Museum a few blocks away. Roskilde, Denmark is a compact town near Copenhagen, so the university campus wasn't hard to find.

Since I'm not familiar with Arhus, Denmark (it's a large city), I couldn't find Arhus U, my fellow Filipina CoMundus student Indi's home university. But I found U of Burgundy in Dijon, France, our host for Induction Weekend, and our hostel after tinkering with the search feature a bit.

I found my house, my office, an unfinished Hong Kong Disneyland, Manhattan in 3D, Sydney Opera House, and Beijing and the Galapagos Islands in different colors (different seasons, maybe?). Wherever in the world you are, Big Brother can see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment