Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Despedida


My mom said that if I ever get a scholarship, she'd treat my officemates to lunch. And so she did. We ate at the executive dining room of her office yesterday, braving the rains and the risk of being splashed by passing vehicles. Typhoons make crossing one little street so hard it makes you think of taking a taxi.

I was very happy (and full) with the appetizer and dessert buffet–salads, sushi, sashimi, and sweets. When we got back to our office, my officemates surprised me with a gift (with packaging that can expected from the resourceful Cleone–cellophane rosettes, ribbons, japanese paper). It brought tears to my eyes. When Cindy picked out the black F&H vest, she didn't know that I had wanted it for several months (except I'm too kuripot to buy it). I guess we're on the same wavelength. ("It's Raining , it's Raining ...")

Photo courtesy of Patricia

3 comments:

  1. awwww...i didnt know you were close to tears when you got our gift. But im really glad you liked it coz it was my idea in the first place and I was trying to tell the others that you have long wanted to have a vest. Ang takot ko lang baka di mo magustuhan eh binida ko pa naman sa iba yan. Actually, as Ive told you, i would have gotten it for myself kasi maganda talaga yung material pero opted to give it as a bon voyage gift na lang for you since di naman ako ma-vest. So you only need the cap to complete the 'Bi look'... *its raining! its raining!* ^^ You've got to stroll in the streets of London on that!

    Thank you very much for lunch. GOT ME ENOUGH SUSHI to last me the week. Thanks to your very generous mom who kept her promise ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're very welcome. ma's a real sport. ka-birthday mo siya, di ba?

    yep, i'm bringing the vest with me. i'll have it altered a bit first.

    teka, pakitingnan nga ang relo. anong oras na at nasa bahay ka pa? LOL!

    one more day at wala na akong mahihiraman ng j-dorama...

    ReplyDelete
  3. waaaaaaaaaahhhhhh T_T (atleast, this post is from the office hehehehe)

    ReplyDelete