Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pieces of home


Less than a week to go before the move. If you know your landmarks, my destination (above) should be easy to guess. [via]

I had over a month to read, paint, play, do the paperwork, and recharge. Whatever happened to the 2012 sabbatical? Don't worry, I'll be productive.

There's no question about it: it's more fun in the Philippines. The next best thing is to bring stuff I won't find elsewhere.

IMG_3636 

Shirts from SM. Reasonably priced and made in the Philippines. Only Pinoys will grasp "why not chocnut" (~P250) but sparkly Manila (~P350) has universal appeal.

IMG_3640 

Three reads: Leon Ma. Guerrero's The First Filipino, and Ricky Lee's Para Kay B (P250) and Si Amanpola sa 65 Kabanata (P300). I did consider the newly released Zsazsa Zaturnnah sa Kalakhang Maynila (P500--echos lang--actually P175) but the sensibilities of the new country might not go well with a gay character with a female superhero alter ego. The three books might not exactly be benign either (I will have to read to find out), just not illustrated.

The packing list is changing every day. Edit, edit, edit!

No comments:

Post a Comment