Saturday, June 23, 2007

Kids at heart

Kids for all of three hours. That's how I would describe myself, Jörg, Jiří and Viktorija last Wednesday, when we went to the Eksperimentarum in Hellerup, north of Copenhagen, also by S-train.

We competed with schoolkids, but, as Indi would say, what the hey. We had fun.

Funny-scary-embarrassing moment: me screaming in the balance shell because I was unable to make the chair stop spinning me around. Got so, so dizzy. Viktorija, I owe you my life. Priceless moment: Jörg and Jiří climbing up a wooden ramp like overgrown little boys. If I ever have twin boys, you know who I'm naming them after (even if the accents on the letters are tricky, ahahaha!).

We walked along the waterfront until we found a small sailing ship and two giant Tuborg bottles off the shore. Back along Tuborg Boulevard, we pondered on the new developments in the area: posh flats and sleek office buildings. Think gated communities without the gates.

Afterwards, it was only a bus ride to Rådhuspladsen, where models of the imagined Copenhagen of the future were on display. It's helpful to see visions and possibilities for built-up old cities. There's always room for improvement, even in crowded areas. *Cough*Metro Manila*Cough*

Breezed through Thorvaldsens Museum. On my own, I passed by Christiansborg Palace and the old stock exchange, walked through the Det Kongelige Biblioteks Have (The Royal Library Garden) before having a sandwich at Den Sorte Diamant (The Black Diamond). At that point, fatigue crept over me, so I made my way out of Copenhagen as fast as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment