Thursday, March 29, 2007

Older


I don't remember the last time I had a real birthday party. Usually, I just have dinner with my family on my birthday. A few times, I was out of the country, so no gifts and no greetings either. How was it last year? If I remember correctly, I was at the office. Early in the morning, I received a personal e-mail that made me cry, a gay mother hen of an AE raised his voice at me (peace, man!) and then the team had lunch together.

A few minutes after midnight, it's just a few advanced greetings via e-mail and messenger so far. And something special Indi sent by post (a Moleskine--you remembered! tenk yu, ate!). I have more than 23 hours, 50 minutes left. We'll see what happens.

I'm older than all but a handful of students I know here. Maybe being Asian makes it not-so-obvious that I'm older, but I do get conscious about wrinkles now, particularly under the eyes (it's Adele's fault!).

A quarter of a century old. It's a good age to be.

Image: Hello Sea Pony by Amy Sol, acrylic on wood, 2007. Posted with artist's permission.

5 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBY!!!!!! Hope you are having a fab time there. Not alone of course ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi abby girl! happy birthday!!! mwah!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, mems and cindy! buti pala ka-birthday ko si tackey... hehehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated happy birthday, abby. :)

    i'm glad you're having a great time there..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated happy birthday Abby!

    ReplyDelete