Saturday, September 30, 2006

Morning at Tate Modern, afternoon with kids, and a Chinese-themed evening

Tate Modern
Matisse, Miro, Mondrian, Dali and Picasso. A treat for contemporary art lovers, housed in a former power station at Bankside. I console myself with the thought that what I paid the in-house cafe for lunch will go to the upkeep of the gallery.

Goal! homework club
My second time with this group. This week, there were seven of us volunteers and 16 kids. I helped a 7-year-old girl with her homework. Afterwards, the kids painted flowerpots. Next week, they'll be planting bulbs and daffodils in them. It looks like I'll be spending my Wednesday afternoons in school, but I still hope I can help out.

House of Flying Daggers
Screened the film in the sitting room after a Chinese dinner, complete with decorations in the dining area. I must say that HoFD is Takeshi Kaneshiro's best performance so far--he actually acts.

No comments:

Post a Comment